Phone: (517) 787-3026 | Hours: 7:00 AM - 5:30 PM
North Star Montessori
Preschool & Kindergarten
The Preschool Assistant Teacher will support the Lead Teacher in one of our Primary Montessori Classrooms (ages 2.9-6 years old). Our ideal candidate is an individual who is patient, kind, detail oriented, and who can guide children in their learning and help take care of them throughout the day. We are a small private Montessori school that focuses on the whole child's development (socially, emotionally, physically, and cognitively).
This is a part-time position with 20-30 hours / week.
Preferred Hours: 8:30am - 5:30pm three days per week.
Salary based on experience.
- Carry out tasks assigned by the Lead Teacher
- Present lessons to small groups of children
- Prepare materials to be used in projects such as arts & crafts
- Assist & work together with Lead Teacher to maintain a safe & healthy environment
- Light classroom cleaning such as vacuuming and cleaning of tables & restroom
- Participate in scheduled meetings such as Professional Development days
- Ability to oversee multiple tasks and solve problems in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude with the ability to be flexible
- Experience teaching preschool aged children (Montessori preferred)
- Must be willing to undergo a background check with finger print clearance
- Child first aid / CPR
- Must be able to perform all physical activities associated with caring for young children in & outdoors
- Love working with young children
- Be patient
- Be willing to learn about Montessori
- Be a team player
- Have a cheerful disposition
- Be able to communicate effectively with parents
- Be able to lead small groups & organize art activities
To apply, please submit the form below!
Join our team of experienced early childhood educators and be a part of our amazing learning environment!
Assistant Preschool Teacher